There can be multiple reasons why tonestro's live-feedback is not working flawlessly. Here are some tips for the most common reasons:
- Play in a quiet environment and avoid background noise.
- A common cause is that the background music of the exercise/song disturbs note recognition. Try to reduce the device volume or use (wired) headphones. If you are using headphones, the backing tracks sound great and tonestro can hear you better and provide correct feedback.
- Sometimes, the device microphone is covered by e.g. a music stand. Try to play in landscape. This way, it's very unlikely that the device microphone is covered by anything.
- Your instrument could be out of tune. Use the tuner in the tonestro app to check the tuning of your instrument and adjust your instrument accordingly.
- Maybe you have selected the wrong instrument. You can change the instrument in the app settings.